Thingsat :: LoRa benchmarks from cubesat
- Benchmarking LoRa links over very long distance (> 500 kms) for several frequency bands (868MHz, 2.4GHz).
- Repeating LoRa frames of ground LoRaWAN trackers (emergency usecase).
- Designing and evaluating LoRa delay-tolerant networks algorithms.
- Studying frames of ground LoRaWAN endpoints from the space.
- Synchronizing ground LoRaWAN endpoints from the space.
- Monitoring with sensors in real field cases : artic glaciers, helium containers, fish farms …
LoRa communication payload onboard of Stork 1 mission.
The CSUG designs a LoRa communication board and antenna for cubesats. The board and the antenna are hosted by the SatRevolution’s Stork mission.
The board embeds one Semtech SX1302 concentrator for communications on the 863-870 MHz band and one Semtech SX1280 transceiver for communications on the 2400-2500 MHz band. The firmware of the two STM32 MCUs is developed with RIOT OS.
Thingsat is registered on TinyGS
TinyGS ground stations
CSUG at https://tinygs.com/stations
Current gateways @ CSUG are:
Université Grenoble Alpes (CSUG, OSUG, LIG, IMEP-LaHC), Université Polynésie Française, Institut Polaire Paul Emile Victor (IPEV), SpaceAble, Air Liquide, Gorgy Timing, Galathea.
Special thanks to ANS Innovation, Semtech, Chipselect, ST Microelectronics, Strataggem, RIOTOS team, CNES, RESA, Synergie Concept, Nicomatic, Rogers Corp for their help.
- Glaciers monitoring (French Alps & Ny Alesund, Svalbard)
- Fish farming (French Polynesia)
- Secure clock synchronization (World)
- Helium bottle maritime shipping (Oceans)
Frequencies are currently requested to IARU and ITU for eu868 and ism2400 bands.
Photo credits: CSUG, SatRevolution.